By state law, all Wisconsin drivers are required to carry auto insurance to protect themselves and others during an accident. But here at THZ Insurance, we offer more! We offer auto coverage above and beyond what is required by state law and we take the time to explain these coverages to our clients in terms you can understand.
Most auto insurance policies provide four (4) types of liability insurance and it is important to understand what each type covers. See below for a brief explanation:
- Bodily Injury: This coverage provides payment up to the policy limit for injuries to the other party if the accident is determined to be your fault (note: the percentage of fault can vary which is why we recommend limits higher than state minimum to our clients)
- Physical Damage: This coverage provides payment up to the policy limit for damage done to property, again due to an at-fault accident.
- Medical Payments: This coverage provides payment for medical bills incurred during a loss for passengers in your vehicle.
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist: This coverage is most often mistaken for ‘coverage for them’, when in reality, this is coverage for you when someone else does not have any or adequate bodily injury limits. Your carrier will provide up to the policy limits for injuries YOU sustained during an accident that is not covered by the other party’s insurance.
Your auto policy may also include physical damage coverage for YOUR vehicle in the event of a loss. This coverage is optional and is subject to a deductible of your choice, meaning your out-of-pocket contribution before coverage applies.
There are two (2) types of physical damage coverage available:
- Other than Collision: Or better known as Comprehensive coverage. This coverage provides payment if your vehicle is damaged due to a peril ‘other than collision’. Perils such as vandalism, theft, animal hits, fire, and more are included under this coverage.
- Collision: This coverage provides payment if your vehicle is damaged during a collision.
THZ Insurance Group can also offer our clients specialized coverage that may not be available everywhere. These specialized coverages include:
- Rental Reimbursement
- Towing & Labor Reimbursement
- New Car Replacement
- Loan/Lease Gap
- Key Replacement
- And more!
We encourage you to contact your THZ Insurance Agent for more explanation of these coverages and what your policy provides or to obtain a FREE, NO OBLIGATION Quotation from one of our trusted agents.